In 2017, a priest in South Africa tried to prove his followers weren’t capable of dying, you know, that thing that everyone does at some point?
Light Monyeki from Soshanguve, South Africa believed so much in the flock’s invulnerability to death that he mixed potent rat poison with water, before pouring it down their eager gullets. He didn’t just inflict this fatal act of devotion on others, he too ingested a large mouthful with a smile on his face.
What happened afterward was not exactly unexpected, with many people complaining of stomach pain and general feelings of dying horribly.
Sadly, by the end of the evening, five of the willing participants in this stunt were dead, with more than a dozen others being treated at hospital.
It hasn’t been confirmed if any of the survivors officially believe in their immortality, and whether or not they will be moving on to drain cleaner next.
In response to the tragic events, the priest stated: “too much of a good thing can be bad”. No sir, things with the word poison in them can be bad when put into the f@#king stomach.
Have you heard of dumb people doing dumb things and dying in a dumb way? Tell us all about it.