Disclaimer: This might make you feel old.
To some of us, it feels like only yesterday that we were tearing sh@t up at the iconic Warehouse level of THPS 1, or The Hanger from the second installment. But, in fact, it’s been 21 years since first getting a taste.
Now, we have a chance to relive it all over again with the announcement of a remaster for THPS 1 & 2 set for release on September 4, 2020 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Plus, we assume there will be a version for the next-gen consoles too.
To make things even more exciting, and crack open a can of nostalgia-soup, Spotify has seen the recent addition of the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 soundtrack. Well, what’s being called a “first look” at least. And while there are some tracks absent from the list, (possibly due to licensing rights that have lapsed since the original games) – what’s on offer still brings back plenty of memories.
What’s available on the lineup?
- “Police Truck” by Dead Kennedys
- “Superman” by Goldfinger
- “Jerry was a Racecar Driver” by Primus
- “New Girl” by The Suicide Machines
- “Here & Now” by The Ernies
- “Euro-Barge” by The Vandals
- “Blood Brothers” by Papa Roach
- “Guerilla Radio” by Rage Against the Machine
- “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” by Naughty by Nature
- “You” by Bad Religion
- “When Worlds Collide” by Powerman 5000
- “No Cigar” by Millencolin
- “Cyclone” by Dub Pistols
- “May 16” by Lagwagon
- “Subculture” by Styles of Beyond
- “Heavy Metal Winner” by Consumed
- “Evil Eye” by Fu Manchu
- “Five Lessons Learned” by Swingin’ Utters
Can you spot the missing tracks? Probably not.
Personally, playing THPS 1 at the tender age of 11, it was the first time I had heard of bands like Lagwagon, Bad Religion, or Goldfinger. It surely wouldn’t be the last though.
You can find the “First Look” playlist here.